The Lumber Baron has a large selection of reclaimed Douglas Fir for sale. Perfect for flooring, interior siding, exposed beams, furniture or floating shelves; our carefully selected old-growth doug fir lumber is chosen for ring density, strength, and unique coloration, as well as historic value.
Reclaimed douglas fir is known for its sheer structural strength and is still the most common building material. Aside from the name, reclaimed old growth fir, has little in common with the fir used today. Superior in both look and strength, reclaimed fir is a versatile product that can be used uniquely in numerous ways.
With a number of high quality options that can instantly add a local historical flair to your project, make The Lumber Baron your go to supplier for all your reclaimed fir lumber needs.
Current Inventory Items:
- Clear Vertical Grain Fir Flooring– 1×4 T&G perfect for those trying to match many of the floors found in older Bay Area homes. We are also offering limited amounts of 1×5 t&g clear old growth vertical grain doug fir flooring.
- Sears Factory Store in San Leandro– Inscribed with the Weyerhaeuser Lumber Mill’s legendary “4 – SQUARE” lumber stamp. This incredible 2×6 old growth, clear, vertical grain Fir is the source of our “Forever Flooring.”
- Alameda Marina Joists– Thousands of board feet of rough, full dimension 2×12 reclaimed fir we pulled from numerous buildings at the Alameda Marina.
- St. Mary’s Reclaimed Bleachers – Reclaimed from a recent gymnasium remodel at the Berkeley school.
- The San Leandro Georgia Pacific Paper Mill– Large amount of white washed 6×6, 6×12 and 4×8 old growth Fir. Hand selected for its growth ring density.
- International Harvester Company – Massive beams salvaged from the warehouse which was once used as a parts distribution center.
- Harbor Paper Mill – With a history reaching back as far as 1929, these huge 14×16 reclaimed fir beams are quite the specimen.
Your Source for Reclaimed Douglas Fir
Reclaimed throughout the West Coast, our reclaimed Douglas Fir can be used as is or re-milled for your project. Our reclaimed Fir is a higher quality of lumber than what is available today. These trees were cut and milled in an age when trees were large and craftsmanship was a cornerstone of the American enterprise. No need to cut any new trees down, reclaimed Douglas Fir lumber also helps preserve our forests.
Reclaimed Douglas Fir from The Lumber Baron
Our reclaimed fir is carefully selected and prepared to meet the needs of our customers. It comes from a variety of sources, including old barns, and deconstructed commercial projects throughout California. Our expert staff will assist you in choosing the best reclaimed Douglas Fir for sale for your project.