Reclaimed Douglas Fir – A Superior Choice For Your Project
The Lumber Baron has a large selection of reclaimed Douglas Fir available. Perfect for flooring, interior siding, or beam material, our carefully selected old-growth lumber is chosen for ring density, strength, and unique coloration, as well as historic value. This wood comes from many notable sites, including:
- Old Barns and Bridges – Colored by time, and often stamp certified by the original mills for structural integrity and knotless quality. Americana at its finest.
- Harbor Paper Mill – Reclaimed in 2015, with a history reaching back as far as 1929.
- Los Medanos Bleachers – Reclaimed from Pittsburg, CA, this lumber is available in 1×8, 1×10, and 2×10 sizes.
- Coast Counties Warehouse – Reclaimed Douglas Fir from Arroyo CA, which was built into a bean and seed warehouse in Santa Maria, CA. in 1952.
- International Harvester Company – Massive beams and other quality cuts have been salvaged from the warehouse which was once used as a parts distribution center.
Your Source for Reclaimed Douglas Fir
Salvaged from the sites listed above and dozens of locations throughout the West Coast, our reclaimed lumber can be used in its natural state or re-milled to meet your project specifications. Reclaimed Douglas fir is a higher quality of lumber than what is available today, cut and milled in an age when craftsmanship was a cornerstone of American enterprise. We have searched far and wide to locate the best old growth lumber available, and offer it to you as-is, or milled to provide a clean, fresh look that cannot be beaten. And because you are purchasing reclaimed lumber, you are also contributing to a better environment where fewer trees are cut down.
Reclaimed Douglas Fir from The Lumber Baron
Reclaimed Douglas Fir from The Lumber Baron has been carefully selected and prepared to meet the needs of our customers. Our reclaimed Douglas Fir lumber comes from a variety of sources, including old barns and bridges and historical locations throughout California. Our expert staff will assist you in choosing the best reclaimed Douglas Fir for your project. Working with you in our facility, our lumber experts will guide you, as you decide which look to go for – a natural, as-is look, showcasing the history of the lumber or a fresh, milled look, giving you a clean piece of reclaimed Douglas Fir while still connecting with its historical roots.
Get to Know Our Company and Products
Since 1978, The Lumber Baron has been providing quality-graded Redwood, Douglas Fir, cedar, and hardwoods to our valued customers. Our knowledge of wood prompted us to begin reclaiming old-growth lumber in the early 2000’s, and today we offer selections of dense, high quality salvaged lumber that cannot be matched by new cut lumber being marketed today. The Lumber Baron will always go the extra steps necessary to make sure you are getting the best reclaimed Douglas Fir available.