Reclaimed Douglas Fir – A Superior Choice For Your Project
The Lumber Baron has a large selection of reclaimed Douglas Fir for sale. Perfect for flooring, interior siding, exposed beams, furniture or floating shelves; our carefully selected old-growth doug fir lumber is chosen for ring density, strength, and unique coloration, as well as historic value.
Reclaimed douglas fir is known for its sheer structural strength and is still the most common building material used in construction. Aside from the name, the reclaimed old growth material we carry, has little in common with the douglas fir used today. Superior in both look and strength, reclaimed fir is a versatile product that can be used uniquely in numerous ways.
With a number of high quality options that can instantly add a local historical flair to your project, make The Lumber Baron your go to supplier for all your reclaimed douglas fir lumber needs. Check out our reclaimed Douglas Fir section to see our long list of reclaimed Douglas Fir for sale including:
- Morton Salt Factory– Reclaimed from the production plant in Newark, CA we have a large selection of tight, vertical grain 2×8 material from the factory’s rafters.
- Mare Island Naval Yard Flooring– From the ongoing commercial development on Mare Island, he have thousands of boards feet of old growth 2×12 reclaimed doug fir lumber.
- Sears Factory store in San Leandro– Inscribed with the Weyerhaeuser Lumber Mill’s legendary “4 – SQUARE” lumber stamp, this Douglas Fir 2×5 old growth vertical grain clear t&g flooring will last you generations.
- Los Medanos Bleachers – Reclaimed from Pittsburg, CA, this lumber is available in 1×8, 1×10, and 2×10 sizes.
- The San Leandro Georgia Pacific Paper Mill– Large amount of white washed 6×6, 6×12 and 4×8 old growth Fir. Hand selected for its growth ring density.
- Coast Counties Warehouse – Reclaimed Douglas Fir from Arroyo CA, which was built into a bean and seed warehouse in Santa Maria, CA. in 1952.
- International Harvester Company – Massive beams and other quality cuts have been salvaged from the warehouse which was once used as a parts distribution center.
- Harbor Paper Mill – Reclaimed in 2015, with a history reaching back as far as 1929, huge 14×16 reclaimed doug fir beams.
Your Source for Reclaimed Douglas Fir
Reclaimed from the sites listed above and dozens of other locations throughout the West Coast, our reclaimed Douglas Fir for sale can be used in its natural state or re-milled to meet your project specifications. Reclaimed Douglas Fir is a higher quality of lumber than what is available today, cut and milled in an age when craftsmanship was a cornerstone of American enterprise. We have searched far and wide to locate the best old growth reclaimed Douglas Fir lumber available, and offer it to you as-is, or milled to provide a clean, fresh appearance. Using reclaimed Douglas Fir lumber also helps preserve our forests.
Reclaimed Douglas Fir from The Lumber Baron
Reclaimed Douglad Fir for sale from The Lumber Baron has been carefully selected and prepared to meet the needs of our customers. Our reclaimed Douglas Fir lumber comes from a variety of sources, including old barns and bridges and historical locations throughout California. Our expert staff will assist you in choosing the best reclaimed Douglas Fir for sale for your project. Working with you in our facility, our lumber experts will guide you, as you decide which look to go for – a natural, as-is look, showcasing the history of the lumber or a fresh, milled look, giving you a clean piece of reclaimed Douglas Fir while still connecting with its historical roots.
Get to Know Our Company and Products
Since 1978, The Lumber Baron has been providing quality-graded Redwood, Douglas Fir, cedar, and reclaimed hardwoods to our valued customers. Our knowledge of wood prompted us to begin reclaiming old-growth lumber in the early 2000’s, and today we offer large selections of dense, high quality salvaged lumber that cannot be matched by new cut lumber being marketed today. The Lumber Baron will always go the extra steps necessary to make sure you are getting the best reclaimed Douglas Fir lumber for sale.