Founded in 1885 by lumber baron Charles Johnson, the mill was the center of the city’s economic development. Purchased by Georgia Pacific in 1972, the site extended over 320 acres along the beautiful Fort Bragg coast line. Unfortunately, after years of declining sales, the mill closed its doors forever in 2002 and shortly thereafter, a massive cleanup of the site began. We were able to reclaim a number of the building’s old growth douglas fir beams and 2x joists. Perfectly aged to dark browns and grays, the lumber is very sound with little knot content.