Redwood lumber is a great option for both indoor and outdoor projects. The Lumber Baron has sought far and wide to acquire the best old growth reclaimed redwood on the market. Our reclaimed redwood lumber is hand selected, providing you with the finest reclaimed material money can buy.
- Bay Bridge and Pier 31 Redwood- Reclaimed lumber from both the Old Bay Bridge and San Francisco’s famous Pier 31!
- Reclaimed Reservoirs Lumber – Rescued from reservoir projects with construction dating from the early 1900’s.
- Reclaimed Water and Wine Tanks – Made from beautiful 3x redwood these tank staves are extremely diverse.
- Bridge Timbers – Incredible 6×16 and 12×12 clear all heart material.
- Hand Hewn Timbers – Rough hewn redwood salvaged from old barns is excellent for exposed beams and mantles. This finely aged lumber includes original saw and axe marks and many pieces contain bark from the tree.
Custom Trellis, Siding –
In need of some special, statement exposed beams or a one of a kind trellis material? We have a large selection of 6×16 and 6×18 dense structural redwood beams, reclaimed from California’s old bridges and other major construction projects. These spectacular bridge timbers and extremely wide and lead themselves to easy resawing into more common 6×6, 6×8 etc beam sizes. These gigantic old growth timbers are not available except as reclaimed lumber and cannot be reproduced by today’s young-growth forests.
Reclaimed redwood 1x siding is often milled from thicker beams. More often then not, 1x siding has served it’s useful life. It’s either deteriorated, has lead based paint, or is damaged during the deconstruction process. However, The Lumber Baron has a large stock of 2x and greater reclaimed lumber which can be custom milled to match any siding profile.
The Lumber Baron is your source for high quality redwood, both new and reclaimed redwood. We scour the country for antique buildings and major construction projects and choose the best materials for our stock. Available in original milled sizes or re-milled to your specifications, you will not find a better selection of reclaimed old growth redwood. We stock new growth redwood and cedar lumber as well, but our old growth, knot-free, reclaimed redwood is in a class by itself, and must be seen to be believed.