Reclaimed Douglas Fir, One of Our Sustainable Flooring Products
Sustainable Flooring Products
Looking for a unique flooring option? Our sustainable flooring products are truly exquisite.
It’s amazing some retailers are able to sell their flooring as genuine “wood” products. Often made of thin veneer strips on top of plywood, most new wood flooring options have little in common with products of the past. Check out these reasons why you may want to install one of our solid, sustainable flooring products, instead of the options you’ll find at other flooring stores.
• Many new products are comprised of glues and other dangerous chemicals that off-gas over time. You’ll find no chemicals in our solid, sustainable, flooring products.
• Short lengths look busy and cheap. Why deal with 1′, 2′ and 3′ increments when you can install long lengths instead. Our usable length average generally pushes 10′ in our sustainable flooring products.
• Wear and tear is inevitable with wood flooring over time. Try refinishing a veneered “wood” floor. You’ll be lucky if you can sand it once without exposing the mystery plywood beneath. Our solid, sustainable flooring options can be refinished over and over again, flipped over and then refinished again over and over.
• Many of today’s floating floor products lack the strength of solid hardwood flooring and sound hollow under foot. That won’t be the case with our solid 3/4″ sustainable flooring products.
• It always saddens me to see cheap flooring installed in the old craftsman homes in the area. Maintain the integrity of your home! Replace or repair what was there. Many times it was old growth vertical Douglas Fir, one of our stocked items.
• A number of the current flooring options have rounded corners that catch dirt where the board join together. Our solid reclaimed clear vertical grain doug fir T&G flooring product is run to a square butt joint tongue and groove pattern.
Our reclaimed clear vertical grain doug fir T&G flooring is truly exquisite. We mill this lumber from our hand selected reclaimed beams or from salvaged logs. Unfortunately, a lot of today's flooring has little in common with our products. Truthfully, it's amazing some of today's flooring even qualifies as "wood." Often made of thin veneer [...]
Looking for some salvaged (reclaimed Treasure Island) pine lumber with a unique history? Look no further. Built in 1936 for The World's Fair, Treasure Island, located in the San Francisco Bay, is a California Historical Landmark. It operated as a Naval Station from 1942 until 1997 and has a strong cinematography history as well. Parts [...]
From the elevator shafts of the Copper King Mine established in 1881 in Yavapai, AZ, The Lumber Baron is proud to announce the arrival of 6x8 old growth reclaimed Kapur timbers, a bunch of which we milled into our Rustic Reclaimed Kapur Flooring. In search of dense, hardwood to support the weight of the mine [...]
The Lumber Baron's Forever Floors- Reclaimed Doug Fir Flooring. Create your own Legacy. Introducing our “Forever Floors,” 2x6 t&g, clear vertical grain flooring, reclaimed from the Sears factory store in San Leandro. The material carries the Weyerhaeuser Lumber Mill’s legendary “4–SQUARE” lumber stamp, a symbol that came to signify the premier douglas fir product in [...]